In my household, my wife manages the Christmas card mailing list. I take the annual Christmas photo and sometimes write a Christmas letter, but it is my better half who handles the important task of deciding who gets a Christmas card / letter and keeping the mailing addresses up to date.
Our Christmas card mailing list is kept in a little address book that is full of entries that have been crossed out as addresses, marital status, and family members have all changed. And despite good intentions of keeping everything in order, friendships are rarely formed alphabetically.
I was thinking today it would be handy to use an online tool to replace that little tattered address book when it struck me: CROWD SPACE WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THAT!
Crowd Space (http://crowdspace.net) is the flagship product of my little web company. It’s perhaps a tad embarrassing that it never occurred to me before that Crowd Space would be ideal for Christmas mailing list management. Here’s a quick rundown of why Crowd Space is a great solution for this:
1. Crowd Space lets you track individuals and group them into families.
2. Crowd Space stores addresses and can print mailing labels.
3. Crowd Space lets you define custom fields so you could, for example, keep track of which people get Christmas cards, Christmas letters, Christmas emails, or small Christmas gifts.
4. Crowd Space sends email so you can mail your holiday email greetings directly from Crowd Space.
5. Crowd Space also tracks birthdays and prints birthday reports so after Christmas you can use it to manage your birthday card mailings all year long!
Now that Crowd Space has an affordable Personal plan option, this feels like such a natural fit. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before.
By the way, Crowd Space is launching an affiliate program in January 2010. Go to http://crowdspace.net/affiliates if you’re interested in getting more information.